quarta-feira, janeiro 06, 2010

Windows 7 God Mode Easter Egg

I did not discover this, I got it from a tweet that Rob Conery put out there. Thank you, Rob!

I don’t know if this is a Windows 7 hack or if this is available in other operating systems.

  1. Create a new folder on your desktop
  2. Name the new folder:
    GodMode.{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C}

The new folder will change into this icon.

image

Clicking your shiny new icon will result in a new window that gives shortcut access to the myriad of configuration and administration utilities in Windows that I always seem to need to hunt down.

image

Opening one of these nodes will provide direct access to the associated utils.

image

Weird and beautiful, isn’t it?

It makes me wonder what other Easter eggs are in there.

David Starr Tools and Utilities

Very useful! :)

Posted via web from paulocunha's posterous