sexta-feira, fevereiro 09, 2007

Google: best company to work for



I have to admit: I would love to have such a work environment! But then it get me thinking: is such a company viable? Is it possible to maintain?
Isn't this just like living in a mansion: you got to earn lots of money and spend much time to maintain it, 'cos as soon as something goes wrong, you won't be able to keep the house? Even the reporter says that Google is "growing too fast and it's getting difficult to keep such an environment".
On the other side, somewhere in the middle of this story, I started to get the feeling that I was watching the usual movie story of the perfect world that was just a cover to... a cage. Yes, I got the feeling that I was watching a dissimulated "geeks' cage"!

"I sometimes love more working here than to be with my family", says one of the employees. Is this good... or is it just lack of balance?

2 comentários:

Unknown disse...
Este comentário foi removido pelo autor.
Unknown disse...

Actually she said, "I have more fun here than sometimes with my familly". Fun, not love. That is not lack of balance.. maybe she has a dull family. After all.. not everybody was born laughing and in a happy mood.

Now Google is a strange company. It's leaders are giving their best to make their dreams reality, no matter how awkward that may seem to the common person.

Google leads the way to create a perfect work spot, a perfect environment and such can be seen on their effort to have their own employees buying hibrid cars by giving them 5k USD. The sports room improves the employees own taste for sports and having a fit body, being more balanced persons.

At the same time removes them from the rush hour traffic when those that would regularly go to the gym would do so.

The in-house physician helps prevent absentism as going to the doctor just means walking a few floors.

I think they are trying to change the world to be a better place, and in my point of view that is just commendable.